This service is no longer available to purchase on SLA Online. Please contact the team using the details to the right for further information.
The service delivers an accredited behaviour support training programme, Team-Teach, to school staff using a group of qualified trainers.
Team-Teach provides training in positive handling strategies (with an emphasis on de-escalation, but including physical restraint) for Children’s and Adult Services, to enable them to better support those who display challenging behaviour. It takes a whole setting holistic approach to behaviour management, and aims:
• To enable services to develop acceptable and authorised responses to disruptive, disturbing, angry and aggressive behaviours in a manner that maintains positive relationships and provides safety for all
• To promote the least intrusive positive handling strategy and a continuum of gradual and graded techniques, involved in holding, guiding and escorting safely, from least intrusive to more restrictive holds, with an emphasis for the use of verbal, and non-verbal de-escalation strategies
• To reduce the amount of serious incidents involving physical controls in all settings
• To increase the awareness of staff concerning the importance of recording and reporting, monitoring and evaluating, all incidents involving positive handling
• To provide a process of repair and reflection for both staff and children
• To provide knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and legal considerations, and of aggression and conflict, being able to recognise typical signs and causes, and identify appropriate staff responses
• To provide awareness of the importance of self-awareness and self-control whilst managing challenging behaviour, and be able to use positive and protective personal safety skills in order to minimise risk to all involved.